Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This is the last time I am mentioning it. Maybe.

My sister Jenney is anti app. Her husband just got the iPhone and apparently has been talking incessantly about apps on their morning walks. And they walk five miles every day -- so that's a lot of app talk.  In a funny twist of irony, Jenney actually may or may not have opened up the gun app during one of our windy app chats this past weekend. As in, the conversation was so painful, she’d rather mock shoot herself with a mock gun than continue to listen. The gun app is pretty cool even though I can't say that I have personally downloaded it. My BIL Ty has it, and he pulls it out regularly, as necessary.



Who knew I could be a part of so many conversations that someone would want to shoot themselves over. Imagine if I were the common denominator in the boring conversations?? If it were me!  Am I really that boring?


Well. Damn. Maybe I am. Maybe I think a good chat about soup is very informative. Ty however, not so much. Chickchick BOOM. And I am new at apps, so a lengthy discussion of fun and helpful apps to me is kind of a worthwhile one. To Jenney, not so much. Chickchick BOOM.  Rude.


Well I’ve never needed to use the gun app on someone. Although I can't say that the thought hasn't crossed my mind on more than one occasion.  The thing is, I know when to tap out of a boring conversation. I don't necessarily need a gun app to highlight the fact that I am smoothly slipping away from getting stuck talking about your dog's allergies.  And no Mom, of course I'm not referring to poor dumb Ralph's eczema and weekly trips to the vet.

Speaking of dumb, I'd like to see a Dumb Button app.  So when someone says something dumb, you can just whip out your app and press the dumb button.  And then they'll know, without you actually having to say the words, "you're dumb."  And I have previously mentioned the I Want to Really Smack You app.  I definitely need to invent that because seriously, who wouldn't find that handy?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not anti-app. I'm just meh-app. I don't really use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Hubs and I are still living in the dark ages and we don't have a "smart" phone. Our phone is so lame that I'm sure you'd seriously consider pulling out the "dumb button" app if you ran into us while we were using it!

    Maybe it's time for us old fogies to get with the program, um er... app, that is.

    ;~) Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I forgot to mention that I found you through the award post at Empty Nest. Congrats!

    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would buy the "you are dumb" app. Hmmm... maybe you should start it?

    ReplyDelete