Tuesday, June 21, 2011

haphazard plops are just no good

Speaking of peanut butter and jelly, don't you think it's very important to get the perfect peanut butter to jelly ratio when you are making a sandwich? 



I hate when there's like globs of jelly, haphazardly plopped on a tiny smear of peanut butter, or when Cod forbid there is a thick layer of peanut butter and just a measly thin layer of jelly.

It pretty much takes a pro to get the ratio just right. 

Ultimately, pb&j is best on white bread.  Sad, but true.  It's all about the sticking to the roof of the mouth thing I think.  And personally, I don't like a thick layer of peanut butter at all.  And personally again, I prefer strawberry jelly.  Or raspberry.  Yum.

We don't do white bread here unfortunately, but lately I have been making these peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on English muffins, so they are a little melty and warm and oh my word, it is a fantastic thing.

Sheesh.  I love food.

Can you tell I haven't exactly eaten anything all day?

*Odd, I just realized that these last three posts of mine are basically all about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Just in case you were concerned, I'm officially done speaking of pb&j.  For now.  Maybe.

7 comments:

  1. love those cute little rings!!

    I would have to agree with the exact right amount of p to the j!

    Of course, I don't eat pbandj. . .peanut butter, yes
    jelly, of course but not mixed together. . .I'm a little weird that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not believe this but I do not heart pb&j sandwiches. I know. I am a strange bird. However, I DO like peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Does that count? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true. I love PB and J sandwiches. But I have to have crunchy PB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So relieved this post was about PB & J. From the title I expected diarrhea! :)

    And have you tried PB with Marshmallow Creme on white? DIVINE! Only smooth PB though. I don't like crunchy in my PB!

    (Or my diarrhea!)

    I really need to go to bed. I get ridiculous when I'm tired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm. I love them. I also have to have white bread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. And here I was thinking I was the only person who had such thoughts. Yes, strawberry and peanut mesh best and the ratio is important. Ditto on the white bread.

    I also love to eat my peanut butter with real cheese.

    Saw a peanut butter sandwich with cheese puffs but I doubt I'll be trying it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have ALL of the options at our house: crunchy and creamy pb, three kinds of jam/jelly, honey, white bread, homemade cracked wheat. PB&J/H are pretty much all we eat for lunch every single day. I had one today too. I'm kind of sick of them, to tell you the truth :)

    ReplyDelete