Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I may or may not get botox

So yesterday, I went to this plastic surgeon to have him look at a scar I have on my face.  Not fully Tina Fey, pretty small actually, but it really bothers me. 

That's it. Right there at the arrow.  Ugh.
It's that noticeable and I'm not even smiling.
It's just that it was stitched up back before people cared too much about making those things look nice.  I mean, if one of my kids had to have face stitches, I would absolutely get a plastic surgeon to come do it instead of just a random ER doc.  It looks like a weird wrinkle by my laugh line, and I am so over it.  Every time I smile I feel like it is really noticeable.  Especially now that I am older.  And wrinkly-er.

I have had it for 35 years or so.  Rotten kid in my neighborhood hit me in the face with a teeter totter.  I still remember that.  In fact, that kid/guy is still around here and I still feel a little mad at him whenever I see his dumb face.  Grudge holder?  Who, me?

Well, I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose!

But anyway, I went to this surgeon and he was so awesome and nice and I really didn't feel like he was trying to scam money out of me and persuade me to do things just to do them.  He told me that my scar would be a hard fix.  He said he thought he could make it a little more even, but there was no guarantee.

So I guess I am going to live with the stupid scar.

But instead, maybe I will get a little tummy tuck, a little lipo, maybe a firming of the bosom.  Just joking.  Maybe.  But definitely BOTOX.

Bosom is a pretty funny word.  I think we need to bring that word back into this century and like, use it a lot.

6 comments:

  1. Want me to come and help you take care of the guy who scarred you? I rather enjoy a little revenge every now and then. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cannot imagine CHOOSING to inject botulism poison! Not that I'm judging ... I just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you have had this scar for 35 years?! You only look about 28!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but I have always been anti-plastic surgery, though I understand the scar thing. You are beautiful just the way you are - don't change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I know your self conscious about the scar, but honestly, if you hadn't put a little arrow on their for us to see, I would not have found it. But yeah, I will not refuse Botox when the time comes...hopefully I have a few years yet...now boobs or should I say bosom, if I wasn't such a scaredy-cat, I'd be buying myself a pair of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you need it Jess, I never noticed that scar. Stay plastic surgery-free, it'll make you more appealing when they cast "Real Housewives of Upstate New York!"

    ReplyDelete