Monday, June 25, 2012

a thousand bucks

So, if someone handed me a thousand dollars and said, "Hey, take this money and spend it in any way you want to like, today-ish.  No giving it away, no banking it.  Go!"  This is what I would do, like right now:

1. Pack a few overnight type things and load the kids in the car.  Go to gas up, sadly fork over about $75.

2. Stop at Dunkin' Donuts.  The kids would request bagels and hot cocoa with whipped cream on top.  And we'd get a large coffee for Alex.  I may or may not get a "low fat" blueberry muffin which in all actuality is a complete and utter SCAM because it is like 8 Weight Watchers points, but whatever.  That would set me back about $15.

3.  Take a two hour drive to Old Sturbridge Village in MA.  Admission for my family would be about $75.

4.  Spend the day at the park.  Kids get a little souvenir budget and by the end of the day, between that and park food, I bet we'd have spent about $200.  Yow.

5.  Stop someplace for an early dinner, hopefully get away with spending less than $100.

6.  Head to Pine Acres Camping Resort, which is not far from Sturbridge at all.  Rent a lakeside cabin for two nights.  Which would end up running about $400.

7.  Go to the nearest grocery store and stock up on good camp food for the next two days/nights.  Should be able to manage with about $125.

8.  After two nights of cabin camping, head home.  We'd probably have to make a stop at McD's on the way for some Happy Meals and Frappés for the ride, which is where I am guessing we'd pretty much spend the last of the cash.

Well, hm.  Not a bad few days, right?  Now I just need to get someone to give me about a thousand bucks...


1 comment:

  1. This is sweet. I almost feel bad for thinking Vegas. Almost.

    ReplyDelete