Friday, May 28, 2010

wogging

There used to be this guy in our neighborhood that for all intents and purposes thought he was jogging, but I am pretty sure he was walking briskly while moving his arms in a joggish way.  Don't get me wrong, I give anyone who gets out there and exercises regularly major props, and he sure worked up a sweat doing it.

I commonly refer to this type of exercise as wogging.  Some might call it "walk-jogging."  This was, to my dismay, confirmed and defined right here in urbandictionary.com, definition number 2. 

(if you are a new reader, I will fill you in on the fact that I am feverishly trying to get a first definition original word in urbandictionary.com, as previously blogged about here and here)

Oh I thought I had it this time.  When I looked, I started with wog.  All of the definitions seemed to refer to a derogatory term that I was unaware of, so I thought I could REDEFINE it.  Then I found it under wogging. Wah.  Not fair.

An interesting tidbit that sort of relates: In Anchorman, which could possibly be one of the funniest movies of all time, Ron Burgundy discusses YOGGING -- as he says, "jogging or yogging, it might be with a soft J."  Obviously, this closely resembles my word, and one might argue that I just stole the idea and modified it.  I don't have actual proof, but we referred to the guy in our neighborhood as a wogger way before Anchorman came out.  So I claim it as mine.  My word.  Mine.

5 comments:

  1. Neep, our version of that word was not in the Urban Dictionary. Neep, longer than a nap, shorter then sleep. I love your wogging word.
    I'm your newest follower. Found you at Java's Friday Follow, 40 and Over.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting you from the 40 Friday Follow - and your newest follower.

    I just saw a "wogger" this morning while running errands. Bless his heart -- he was probably in his 70s and could probably outrun/outwalk/outwog me any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessee, I am giving you credit for 'wogging" too! ( :
    That is funny!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just found you through the 40+ Friday Follow, Nice to meet you, hope you'll follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me. I just hope it catches on and sticks. Smile. I'm already one of your followers and when I saw you listed on Java's 40+ blog hop I decided to poke my head in and say "Hi!".

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete