Thursday, May 13, 2010

a crying shame

This is a picture of my dining room table, which in its current state, somewhat resembles a table on an episode of Hoarders:


Remember this post, way back on February 28??!!  You know, over TWO MONTHS AGO?   That post where I said I have a hard time eliminating piles??  Where I mentioned my distress over the shifting of my piles by a nameless man?  The post where I suggested it might be difficult to put all of the respective things in their respective places in a timely manner?? (maybe I didn't mention that out loud, but I was thinking it)  Well I am STILL LOOKING AT THE PILES!  And that, my friend, is the crying shame.

You might ask what the heck we have been eating our meals on every day.  You might wonder what in God's name is taking me so long in getting things organized.  You might even suggest that a purple Frisbee has no business taking up space in ANY of those piles.  And I really have no good answer for those insensitive comments at this time.

Thankfully, we eat all of our meals at the kitchen table (which is exactly why I think dining rooms are wastes of space, but that is definitely something we could expand on with another post).  BUT, if I wanted the dining room table to look presentable to the outside world, I should probably get moving on it.  In my spare time.

 

2 comments:

  1. I use to have a desk in the livingroom that was the catch all. After 15 years had to move it, couldn't stand it any more. Now it's in the bedroom...by the way, with the same piles of stuff on it but at least it's not in the front room.
    You'll get to it when you're good and ready. Everything takes time and it's summer now, gotta be outside.
    Off to read more. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and checking me out Julie!! :)

    ReplyDelete