Sunday, February 28, 2010

i smell pledge


I love cleaning my house. Yeah, I said it. But I ESPECIALLY love when my husband gets in on the action. He is a CHAMPION duster, and once he gets into it, there is no stopping him. No wooden surface is safe, and I am usually frantically following him around putting things back right. That being said, dusting is my least favorite chore, so my husband's skills really get put to the test because I don't ever do it nearly enough.

While Alex spent the better part of the morning down deep and dirty cleaning, I perused the internet.  I felt like a bad wife.  While in full blown cleaning mode, he brought me a cup of coffee, the cord for my computer.  He told me he didn't care that I wasn't helping.  So I did a few loads of laundry, got the kids to make their beds, and vacuumed the upstairs.  It was great.  When I came down, Alex had candles going, kids fed, downstairs TOTALLY cleaned and fully mopped.  He felt very proud and accomplished.   I haven't seen the entire surface of my kitchen counter since we moved into this house (five years now?).  The only bad thing is, all of my piles were moved into the dining room for me to weed through later.  I love need don't know what to do without my piles.  I don't know how a household of 6 can exist without piles.  Piles of papers, piles of opened and unopened mail, piles of unread magazines, bills, random crap... I am DETERMINED to organize my piles.  I started weeding, but it looks like it could take a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment