Monday, February 15, 2010

a jealous heart



Ali, Ty and the kids went to Florida for the week. I really wanted to go too, but it just wasn't happening for us this year. It's so hard for Alex to take time off between the New Year and July - he's just so busy at work when the legislature is in session. Last year at this time though, we packed a bunch of stuff, piled into the car and headed to Disney. We got a cool deal that included our "resort" as well as tickets to all of the parks for the week.


Yes, I put resort in quotes for a good reason. Our "resort" was a trailer with logs on it, basically. We stayed in the Fort Wilderness campground, which also has cabins - or "trailers with logs on them." (sorry, I seem to be very "quotey" in this post) I have to tell you, it was the best week I ever had in Disney -- love love loved the place we stayed, and it absolutely worked perfectly for our family.


We had an awesome week, the ride down was so shockingly pleasant that I would have no trouble making the trek again. Who could imagine an overloaded minivan complete with three kids and two parents, on a 20 hour drive would ever be described as pleasant?

I know, right??!



I was definitely feeling cranky and envious when Ali, Ty and the kids left Saturday, looking happy and excited, overloaded car and all. I wanted to go too!!! Then Alex went and told me not to have a jealous heart.


I think a jealous heart is green, and I guess having a throbbing green heart is not all that appealing to me. So I got over it.

Sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment