Tuesday, February 2, 2010

jillian is killin' me.

So I made the mistake of bringing my husband to Super Wal-Mart with me the other night. Don't get me wrong, I love to go places with him, and I especially like it when we get out together alone, because that doesn't happen too often. The problem is, whenever he comes grocery shopping with me, my bill goes up dramatically. I have this unrealistic goal of getting out of Wal-Mart each week as close to $100 as possible, and usually I am pretty close to that - unless it's a laundry detergent/Pull-Up's week. So when I ring out at over $160 for a weeks worth of what is supposed to be GROCERIES, I blame it on my husband's presence.


As I was rounding the bread aisle, he pops up with, among other things, a handful of The Biggest Loser exercise DVD's. He decided he wants to start working out every day to help him get back in shape. So we spend a good 10 minutes in the bread aisle looking through the DVD's he picked out, and we decide on The Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I tell him I will do it too. Jillian is scary, but I love her. She kicks butt.


He started Sunday night. You may have thought I was stabbing him with many knives by the sound of it, but he made it through the 20 minute (I admit) pretty intense workout. I watched, thinking it looked tough, but do-able. Then he got up Monday morning early enough to do it again before work. As I heard him making his way up to the shower, he was moaning with each footstep on the stairs. "Ow. Ow. Ow. Oooohhh..." This went on for approximately 20 stairs, after which I was definitely awake.



So I decided to try it Monday when the kids all left for school. It was hard, but I made it through doing the exercises modified for beginners. I was thinking Alex was being a big baby about the whole thing, because even though I was interrupted for about 10 minutes half-way through by an urgent call from my sister Ali (which really wasn't urgent at all), I felt pretty invigorated when it was done, and I didn't want to cry like a girl with every step I took.


That was yesterday.



Today, after the second workout, my legs are on fire. To quote Ron Burgundy, "Ohhh, its the deep burn!" In fact, I found myself wincing in pain when I reached for a cereal bowl. Did I mention I hate exercising? I guess if I can look even 1/2 as good as Jillian, it might be worth it.



MAYBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment