Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Features - T-Bone

I think I am going to start doing Friday Features, where I will feature someone in my life. I'll feature family or friends, maybe even a random interesting person or two. Maybe I will throw in an interview.  If I like doing it and it's fun and not stressful, maybe I will turn it into a regular Friday thing. I kinda like having something definite to blog about, it's almost like an assignment, like a REAL JOB. hmmm... I sort of did a feature on my brother-in-law John last week -- maybe I could do one on my other brother-in-law Tyrone, or as I often refer to him-- T-Bone.

So...what can I say about T-Bone, besides the fact that he has really cute salt and pepper hair...




Tyrone was born in Ireland and came to the US with his family when he was 6-ish. I remember what a big deal it was actually, when their family moved into town, because (a) we are from a little dinky, one-light country town and nothing super cool ever happens here, and (b) this big old Irish brogue-talking family with 6 kids turns up and they were nice and interesting!

So, Ty and his family became part of the people that we all grew up with in this little corner of the world -- the brogue eventually went away for him and his siblings though it can definitely still come out with a few Dark & Stormy's under their belts.


--Ty and my sister Ali started "going out" when they were 14 and 16, respectively.


--Ty was a highly energetic, obnoxious, crazy boy, and I didn't really like him much till he and my sister actually got married. (sorry Ty - LOL)


--Ty buys a lot of herbal medicines and remedies off of TV and may be a teensy bit neurotic about his health.


--We sometimes refer to Ty as Frugal Freddie.


--Tyrone only has one kidney.


--Ty enjoys a good Guinness.


--Ty and Ali have three kids, and most of their lives is consumed by traipsing them all over creation for their sports activities (Kieran plays soccer year-round, and Bridgett and Brenna are both competitive gymnasts).


--Frugal Freddie has surprised us all by recently pulling the trigger on bucking up for some rather expensive things, such as an in ground swimming pool, a new fireplace, a fancy 5-star hotel-ish shower in the master bathroom, and now I might even have him convinced to buy a camper!


--Ty has one of the best work ethics of anyone I know, he has a lot of great, creative ideas and he is an incredibly hard worker - he never puts in less than 100%.


--Ty has been known to have a hair-trigger temper, but I really think he may have outgrown it.


--Ty is definitely someone who you can always count on for help - he just is that guy you could call if you need anything.


--Ty is a great husband and father. He takes care of his family, and truly loves my sister. I really can't imagine them ever apart.






No comments:

Post a Comment