Monday, March 29, 2010

fine arts filled weekend part 1

I forgot that Alex got chosen for Junior High All County Chorus.  Or maybe I should say, Alex forgot to mention that he got chosen for Junior High All County Chorus.  I kind of wasn't expecting to attend these shows til Megan (who actually can't carry a tune, though she sings with gusto) was old enough to participate in the music programs, then Alex went and surprised us all with his singing abilities.  Kara was chosen for All County and All State every year from sixth grade through her senior year, so these past few years I have kind of missed it.

So Friday night, we popped the little girls in the car and headed to Hunter, which is actually the farthest school in the whole county.  Funny how it always works out that way.  It was a nice drive though, except for the occasional cries from Megan that we were going to fall off of the mountain and die a horrible fiery death.  Megan can be a little on the fearful/dramatic side.

(thanks Heather!)

We ran into some friends who were there to watch their daughter in the band portion of the program, and we sat with them on the bleachers.  My camera was being SO ANNOYING, so I got bad pictures, but thankfully my friend Heather was on it and got a few good shots for me. 

Alex did great, I was really impressed.  He barely giggled and the music was really good.  He came out looking happy, and feeling good about being chosen, so we stopped and got an ice cream on the way home.  Thankfully it was dark, so Megan didn't notice how perilously close to the edge we were on our way back down the mountain.  When we got out of the car to get the ice-cream, I noticed Alex forgot his black socks and had his bright white athletic socks on with his suit pants and  dress shoes.  I distinctly recall asking him if he had them before he left, and I distinctly recall him assuring me they were in his bag.  Goofball.

No comments:

Post a Comment