Thursday, March 18, 2010

do the math

I so value a few minutes of peace.

I love having just a little bit of quiet, time to myself.


I (almost) definitely get 2 hours and 45 minutes ALL TO MYSELF on Monday mornings. Unless of course there is a sick kid, orthodontist appointment or something else of that nature.


The other 165 hours and 15 minutes of the week goes to everything else. Alright, let me re-do that math, because when I am sleeping I (kinda) have some peace. So, I usually get about 7 hours of sleep a night, but trust me -- there are interruptions. I wake at about 1:30 am (98.9% of the time) to hear the sound of a little peanut's feet running so fast down the hall to my room. Then she shuffles her warm little self over me to climb in bed between me and her dad. Then she rubs her pokey little toes all over my legs. And makes sleepy, slurpy noises as she burrows in while snuggling her blankie and sucking her finger. Sometimes, if I am thoroughly woken up, I lay looking at the moon -- thinking and tossing and turning. Sometimes that leads me to getting up and walking the little peanut back to her own bed, which leads to a repeat of the above scenario a few hours later. But I'll still give you the 7 hours of sleep a night.


So that means I spend AT LEAST 105 hours a week DOING things for everyone else.


Boy.


That's a lot of hours.


I sure do love my crazy life. :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, isn't that the truth?? And I even feel guilty when I take an hour long nap while my son plays the Wii.

    ...but I also love being a mom too. AND I definitely need more girls' nights out too!

    Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and for commenting on your first ever blog. I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom-guilt is my life! LOL. But I do love it too! A week or so ago, my littlest did not come in at 130 am as she always does. This time she slept all night in her own bed (woohoo!). Call me crazy but I ended up getting up twice in the middle of the night and peeking at her in her room to make sure she was OK.

    ReplyDelete