Friday, February 1, 2013

what happens when dads are in charge

Little jump? WooHOO!

Why yes, that IS a snow mustache!  And an extra large jump.  And NO HAT.  



Um, OK!!  Mom says it's time to come home!!
All of the dads took all of the kids on a sledding adventure after the holidays, promising pictures of the events upon return. 

Sometimes, the differences in how men and woman parent are pretty subtle.  And sometimes, they are the exact opposite of subtle.  I'm so glad I wasn't there in person, I so would have freaked out, turning into an annoying, hovering helicopter mom.

I know Alex makes sure the kids are safe.  I know if he isn't paying attention, one of the other dads is.   And I know, when my kids come in from a dad adventure yapping a mile a minute about how much fun they had, smiles plastered across their cold rosy cheeks, it's OK that we parent differently.   Better than OK, actually.  Because where I might be nervous to let them try something I think is dangerous, Alex is a bit more adventurous.  Kids need adventures! 

Right??  Adventures, and helmets!  Definitely helmets...


faceplant














**Disclaimer: NO bones were broken in the making of this fun.

2 comments:

  1. Those were some of the cutest, funniest pictures I've ever seen! LOVE THEM! And I know exactly what you mean about the way dads parent. I think it's called throwing caution into the wind or something like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that looks like such a blast! The expressions that were caught are so priceless and they'll probably remember that day forever.

    I'm with you though, I would have been having a minor coronary every 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete