Tuesday, July 3, 2012

monday listicle


Monday listicle link... questions:
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, and find line 4
"Angela went to sit at a black-topped lab table exactly like the ones I was used to."  Megan is finally reading Twilight.  She is sucked in deep - up til 11 sneak reading in her bed every night.  I love it.
2. How many times a day do you say Hi? You know, not much.  Maybe once or twice?  I'm more of a "hey..." kinda girl.
3. Have you ever worn a uniform?  Yes, yes I have.  When I was a senior in high school, my band teacher convinced me to join the marching band.  Apparently they were shorthanded with the instrument that I played, the baritone.  I sucked so bad (At marching, not the baritone.  I was actually kind of good at the baritone.).  I am really not a very coordinated person in general, but put me in a hot, sweaty polyester pantsuit, give me a heavy horn and expect me to play while walking at the same time?  Not impressive.  Trust me.
Proof of me in the embarrassing uniform.  And apparently quite the large ribbon in my hair.  In 1987 huge ribbons were all the rage. Trust me. FYI, Brooke just got a glimpse of this picture over my shoulder and said, "Really mom?  Really?  That is an ugly sweater!"   So I said, "It's not even a sweater, it's a band uniform Brookie!"  And then she laughed at me.
4. What do you think about the most? 
Family, the truth, guilt, the future, wishes, wants, dreams, my appearance, music 

5. How many keys are on your keyring?  One.  My car key.  I hate carrying too much crap - I think I mentioned once or twice that I am anti-purse, pro-pocket.  I need to minimize as much as possible so I can fit everything either in a tiny purse or my pocket, and one key is all that I have room for.

6. What was the last thing you bought?  Soccer cleats.  I just got back from the store, because Megan needed cleats.  Somehow I got roped into also buying a track jacket and gym shorts.  Which is exactly why I usually shop alone.
7. Are you growing anything these days?  I am!  Besides a bunch of house plants that I cannot manage to kill, I have a nice vegetable garden growing in the back yard.  Actually two gardens in the back.  I am growing tomatoes, peppers, asparagus, onions, garlic, broccoli, lettuce, watermelon, dill, basil and rosemary.  Everything is looking pretty good!
8. What is under your bed? Shockingly, very little.  When I got a bunch of new bedroom furniture a little bit ago, I cleaned out under there, and I haven't built back up a cluttery mess yet.  So, besides a little bit of dust, there are a pair of black espadrilles, a boot box with a pair of new boots in it, a Barbie and Alex's man shoes.
9. What is most important in life? To me: following my dreams, being true to myself, setting a good example for my children, doing good, making a difference.  Also, love, respect, honesty, appreciation, commitment, compassion, belief in something, gratitude, patience, sacrifice... 
10. What is the strangest word you used this week? Hm.  I have to be honest here and say, "discomboobulated."  A goofy play on discombobulated, obviously.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how most people don't have much or anything under their beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you posted a picture in your marching band uniform. I could barely play clarinet and when marching band was a requirement in 10th grade I opted out. Walking and playing an instrument was way to much for this klutz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record I think you looked amazing in marching band! In fact I was at a posh store the other day and a similar coat I saw was $500!
    I don't like purses either!

    ReplyDelete