Wednesday, February 1, 2012

wtf wednesday

You know, I always have WTF moments in my mind.  And sometimes out of my mind.  And strangely enough, I have been writing these monumental moments down as they occur to me.  I may have to make this a regular Wednesday thing.  And hey, look at that!  I didn't even actually say the F word.  

WTF is the deal with shopping carts?  Why is there never a shopping cart that just smoothly rolls along?  You either get a cart with one lame wheel, which means you have to fight to push it in a straight line, or you get a noisy squeaky cart.  Or my personal favorite, the cart with a wheel that locks up periodically, so when you are walking along thinking that you have a nice smoothly rolling shopping cart, a misc wheel will lock up, violently stopping your cart short.  Which typically involves a bruise somewhere on my body.  I think that good shopping carts should be a grocery store priority.  Second only to carrying great fresh fruit, veggies and meat.

WTF is up with Sunday drivers?  Why do I always get behind the Sunday driver, even though it's not Sunday?  Somehow I get so lucky as to pull out behind someone leisurely making their way to wherever it is they're going.  And they go ahead and drive the actual speed limit or Cod help me, less than the actual speed limit.  Do people really go the actual speed limit??  For real?

WTF!  You know, when someone is in customer service, or has a job that involves directly dealing with customers or people, don't you think it should be part of the job description to be pleasant?  You know, to have a pleasant demeanor? Like, I would assume that it's implied, but I'm thinking some people clearly need a little bit more of an understanding as to what customer service actually means.

WTF McDonald's.  If I go out of my way (and off of my self imposed restriction) to get a small caramel Frappé at McDonald's, (or maybe even a McFlurry) it would be so great if it could be made the way it looks in the picture.  The picture shows an abundance of whipped cream and caramel drizzly stuff, and chunks of gooey goodness, and when I get a lackluster lame looking Frappé with barely any stuff on top, I'm not digging it.  This is what I say in my head to the maker of such a dumb thing:  Uh, I think you just McFucked up my McFlurry, jackass.


WTF is up with the people who label stuff at stores?  If you put the label on certain surfaces, such as glass, the label is really hard/impossible to get off.  Like, why would you put a sticker on the front glass part of a frame?  Just, why?


WTF is it with delivery people needing a 4 hour window for a delivery time?  Not that I work or anything, but if I did, I'd have to take an entire half day off of work, just because you might show up at a certain time.


WTF is it with those family decals moms put on the back of the minivan windows?  I may have to defend myself from angry soccer moms everywhere, but really?  You are going to put a little family of people wearing Mickey Mouse Ears on your car?


WTF is up with some little punk that I birthed losing the remote control to my brand new 3dtv?  For real??  I cannot even fathom how a remote control could have walked itself off into the sunset, leaving me to try to figure out how to navigate it without the right tools!!  Of course nobody knows who used it last.


Any WTF moments this week?  Feel free to share.  Or make your own WTF post and link it up over here so I can feel your pain.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain on the shopping carts (Walmart); and the Sunday drivers are on our roads every day of the week- no where to go and all freaking day to get there; totally agree with the customer service jerk-offs (Walmart) and I'm sure, if I give it some thought, I could certainly come up with more!

    ReplyDelete