Friday, February 3, 2012

oh. it's february. friday. five.

five minute purge:


Oh hey guess what y'all?


I just said y'all.  And I'm not even a cowboy.


Anyway, it's my birthday month!  Oh yeah, it's my birthday!  Can you seeing me doing that dance?  You know, that one where they sing oh yeah it's my birthday?  And they dance while they sing it?  No?


Well, if you were picturing it, you probably aren't aware of the fact that I dance like an imbecile.  I do however,  have some signature moves known only in the immediate family as "The Jessee."  To form a picture in your mind, it's not unlike Elaine in Seinfeld, Monica in Friends... you get the gist.  Pretty freaking sad, pretty freaking embarrassing.  Which is why it's a rare moment when I pull out the dance moves, guys.  Really rare.  More than likely an abundance of sweet alcoholic beverages are involved if I go there.


I've never felt comfy fast dancing.  Particularly because I've never felt comfy being looked at.  I just cannot chill and get into it.  I do enjoy watching other people dance though.  I don't care if you suck, I still find it enjoyable.  When I was in high school, there was this girl Jackie, my best friend at the time actually, and she was a great dancer.  She was the most confident kid out there.  She just always seemed to know what to do, how to do it and look good.  She had it going on.  Usually I just stood next to her bopping my head to the beat and pretending I was comfortable.   At least I could follow the beat.  I was a band geek after all.   So yeah, I was the sidekick.


Just so we're clear, I was completely cool being the sidekick.


Anyway, I was talking about my birthday month.  Sheesh.  The roads my brain takes me down sometimes...  So yeah.  It's my birthday month.  Finally!  Lots of goodness is in February.  Besides the fact that I was born.  Usually it's snowy this time of year.  I'm jealous because I hear Colorado is getting a big snowstorm.  I love Colorado.  I love snowstorms.  Everything is just so cozy in a snowstorm.  If I had a fireplace it would be even cozier.  I want a fireplace for my birthday.


time.

No comments:

Post a Comment