Friday, February 24, 2012

what's up yo

So I bet you're all (three) wondering where the heck I've been for the last week or so.  Haven't you been wondering?  I mean, I've been getting phone calls and emails from angry readers, evil eyes in the grocery store... you know, all of that stuff that happens when you let down the entire population of blogger.  I left no notice, I didn't call, I didn't write...  Look.  I'm sorry.  These things happen.  Let's all just roll with it. 


Fine.  I didn't get any angry phone calls, emails or evil eyes, I was exaggerating.  I don't think anyone actually cares that I have been MIA.  In fact I am mad at all of you three jerks because my Cod, what if I was dead on the bathroom floor all week?  What if I slipped and fell on my head while I was getting out of the bath and I was laying there silently begging you to come save me?  What if I had an unfortunate incident and needed a reader who cared enough to be like, wait, where's Jessee?  Clearly I am unloved.  And I'm very hurt about that.  You all hurt my feelings.


Fine, you don't hurt my feelings, I'm still exaggerating, but even if you weren't wondering, and quite honestly didn't even notice that I was MIA, I'm going to go ahead and tell you what the heck I've been up to anyway.  


Oh trust me, all of that build up and it's not even a super exciting reason.  My kids have had the past week off from school, that's all.  I refuse to use the word/term "staycation" because I think it's dumb, but we pretty much had one of those.  Well, we did go to NYC for a few days, but NYC is kind of like, right in this actual state that we live in, so even though we stayed in a hotel and did a bunch of touristy things, it didn't really feel like a vacation vacation.  Plus the fact that I had to entertain everyone wasn't exactly the most relaxing thing I could have chosen to do.


We were going to go to Disney like we often do for February break, but my dumb sister Ali ruined Christmas.  Fine, she didn't really ruin Christmas, she just ruined my entire February break.  Because I can't go to Disney without Ali.  And she couldn't go because she had to work.


Dumb teachers.  That's the problem with teachers.  They get the whole summer off, so their bosses are kind of particular about the time they take off during the school year, and they are particularly particular the days immediately before and after school breaks.  Typically, teacher/sister Ali would have had this week off from school too, but her Superintendent was being an asshole and refused to give the school a February break.  Something to do with too few days of school this year due to flooding and severe weather and blahblahblah.  Whatever, all I know is that it RUINED MY VACATION. 


Sure, I suppose we could have gone without those guys.  But it's not nearly as much fun without them.  Who would get up at the crack of my ass so they could be the first ones pounding on the gates of WDW when they open?  Who would text me pictures of Mickey Mouse, telling me that they are almost finished with the whole entire park and where the hell am I?  Who would meet us in Germany for a brat and a beer?  Who would be the official fast pass getter - leaping over wheelchairs and pushing through slow kids to get everywhere first and fastest?  Who would we take the ferry to gorge on freaking awesome beignets with?? We really need those guys for the fun factor.  Also, it's nice for the kids to have their cousins to hang with here and there.


So now maybe we will go for April break instead.  Who knows.  I suppose we'll play it by ear (or play it by YEAR as my niece Abby used to say).  Ali is a freak a chicken severely neurotic afraid to fly, so usually we make the 20+ hour trek driving together.  Even though we aren't afraid to fly at all, we drive because we're so nice.  But next time we're flying, I am so over that dumb drive.  It's only a two hour flight!  My sister won't even be out of NY state, and we'll be sipping margaritas on the beach.  Scratch that, I'll be sipping margaritas at the Disney castle and the kids will be sipping something with less alcohol in it.


So enough about Disney already.  We went to NYC.


I love NYC.  The city that never sleeps.  Seriously, we were in Times Square pretty late one night for dinner and it was like, hard to tell that it was night even.  It is so bright.  Anyway, we went to the city to get away for a few days - just to have something to do.  We took the train in, which was fun, an adventure of sorts.  Alex had a conference, so we tagged along.  He pretty much worked the whole time - had to go to the conference during the days and client stroking dinners during the nights, so it was basically just me and the kids.  We hooked up with Kara a few times, which was awesome.  One night Alex rode the subway home with Kara and stayed over at her apartment.  He thought he was so cool.  


Anyway, I have to go get some sushi because I'm starving and I've pretty much only had a banana and trail mix all day.  If I don't get food I might eat my own arm.  Which could seriously curtail my blogabilities, because it's much harder to type with only one arm.  Obviously.  I'll share some details next post.


Hope you all had a nice week!

2 comments:

  1. a trip to nyc is always a bit of a vaca for those who don't live there even if you do live in the state. i grew up in ny state & never once made it to the city until i was 21 and had moved to nc. go figure.
    you're a nice sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! I love NYC. I really want to go back. I guess I should just get hypnotized so I won't be afraid of flying now!

    ReplyDelete