Tuesday, February 7, 2012

possible conversation

A possible conversation between me and my husband:


him:  I called you like five times!  Why didn't you answer?


me: I may or may not have been in the shower.


him:  Jessee, it's 1:45 in the afternoon.


me:  Don't judge me!  I was very busy with a lot of important things!


him:  Well what were you doing all day?


me:  Well.  I may or may not have been watching the Bachelor while playing scramble and pinning shit to that asshole pinterest.


him:  What the hell is pinterest?


me:  Remember?  It's that new time suck!  All I know is that I was happily drinking my coffee and reading the news. Then I clicked over to pinterest to just look at one little thing, and all of a sudden I looked at the clock and it was 1:45!  It was like I was sucked into a black hole of inspiration!


him: Hm.


me:  I did other stuff too!


him:  Did you make those appointments?


me:  I may or may not have.


him:  Did you book our trip?


me:  Maybe I did and maybe I didn't.


him:  Did you at least pick up that thing I asked you to get?


me:  What the actual fuck hon.  I can't do everything!


him:  Maybe I'll turn off the wifi.


me:  Maybe I'll karate chop your face.  


him:  Hm.  Maybe I'll rethink turning off the wifi.


me:  Then maybe I will book the trip and make the calls and pick up that thing.


him:  Fine.  


me:  Damn.  Who knew I was so good at communication and compromise?  Aren't you glad we had this little chat?


him:  ::sigh::

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I need to watch that douchebag Bachelor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would have washed my mouth out with soap partway through that dialog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn it! Remind me NOT to eat while reading your blog! I nearly choked to death laughing!

    ReplyDelete