Friday, July 2, 2010

i take it back

OMG I take it back.

So I am backing out of my driveway on my way to the bank to cash a check.  Time was tight, but I would definitely make it before the window closed for the day.  And as I am backing out, I see there is a car coming around the corner, so I wait for her to pass because I didn't want to pull out on her.  Because I am considerate like that.  Come to find out I could have pulled out eleventy-seven times before she actually made it to my driveway, because she was driving so slow.  But whatever.



I live in a neighborhood with a bunch of kids around all of the time, and I definitely appreciate people taking it slow in my development.  Definitely.  But this was like, ridiculous.  Like a SNAIL.  Almost like she was trying to annoy the hell out of me.  Anyway, as I am coming out of the development, I pass my brother-in-law Ty, and we stop to chat for a minute, and I forgot all about the slowpoke.  I stopped to chat because well, I knew I had plenty of time to make it to the bank.

Until I was driving through town (at the speed limit) and ended up catching up to the slowpoke.

Now, my town is pretty small, it's about 3 miles from one end of town to the other -- I know exactly how long it takes to get to the bank, to the grocery to the post office -- I've lived here pretty much my whole life, so I truly know down to the minute.  

I swear, this lady, who was not old (and nervous) and not young (like a new driver) drove SO freaking slow through town, I ended up following her the entire way (there is only one real route to the bank), and I missed it by one minute. 

I was kinda fuming because I really needed cash for later.  And I thought to myself, "you just blogged about how slow drivers no longer bug you," and as I was mentally screaming at this lady to just PLEASE pick up the pace a snitch, I thought, "I AM PRETTY SURE I TAKE IT BACK!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment