Monday, July 5, 2010

driving and singing loud and eclectic playlists



I've often been accused of having really weird tastes in music (among other things).  My likes really vary so much, I have to admit, it is very eclectic.  I really like to mix it up too -- if you looked at all of my playlists, you might come away feeling a little confused, because there definitely are a lot of genres going on.  And some of you may not appreciate a few of the tunes with explicit lyrics, or stuff that could be all top 40-ish, but hey -- I feel strongly that music is art, so whatever floats your boat is OK with me.  To each his own, right?

So I went up to see Eclipse the other night (OMG, I will never apologize for loving Edward), and I was by myself because Alex was working really late.  And I am kind of a huge fan of going to the movies alone, and driving alone, actually.  Pretty much the only time I get to blast what I like and sing is when I am driving alone. 

My driving alone, blasting and singing strangely eclectic playlist the other night was:

1. CUT Plumb
2. GRAVITY Sara Bareilles
3. SIREN SONG Bat for Lashes
4. LET IT ROCK Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne
5. LONELILY Damien Rice
6. BEST I EVER HAD Drake
7. STRONGER Kanye
8. PICTURES OF YOU The Cure
9. VIVA LA VIDA Coldplay
10. JUST DANCE Lady Gaga
11. LET IT ROCK Kevin Rudolf
12. EMPIRE STATE OF MIND Jay Z
13. DON'T DRINK THE WATER Dave Matthews Band
14. I MELT WITH YOU Modern English
15. THE WINDS THAT BLOW Duncan Sheik
16. SHAKE THAT Eminem
17. RUNNING UP THAT HILL Placebo
18. GARDEN GROVE Sublime
19. FOREVER Chris Brown
20. FIDELITY Regina Spektor
21. THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT The Smiths
22. TIME AFTER TIME Cyndi Lauper and Sarah Mclachlin
23. YOUNG FOREVER Jay Z

Quite the mix, huh?  It made me happy anyway.  I actually took the long-cut on the way home and went down past the river, and sat there looking at the big fat orange moon reflecting on the water so I could finish listening.

What do you like to blast when you're alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment