Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I love a really great sandwich

Do you think it's weird to take a picture of a really great sandwich?  Maybe it is.  Sometimes I take a quick picture of a good looking plate of food.  I think maybe that's weird, but I can't help it.  I like food.

My husband and I went into Rhinebeck, NY to just amble around.  The kids were all off in different directions, so we went for a ride and ended up there.  We parked and walked a bit, and went into this little shop that had a sandwich board out front describing some of their specialty sandwiches.  

I love specialty sandwiches. 




I got this amazing thing - fresh mozzarella, local organic tomatoes and basil with pesto sauce on a homemade ciabatta roll.  Well yum!  It was awesome.

I couldn't even finish mine, so I brought half home for later.  After sandwiches, we just so happened to stroll past this little ice cream shop called Jane's Ice Cream.  It was all home made ice creams and frozen yogurts.  I got killer chocolate and it was possibly the best ice cream cone that I've ever had.  I wish I had a picture of that!

1 comment:

  1. I would totally take a picture of a good sandwich. In fact, I should take a picture the next time I go to The Cafe and get their ham and asparagus sandwich with onion chutney. Every time I take a bite, I think I've died and gone to heaven.

    What was this blog post about again? ;)

    ReplyDelete