Friday, October 19, 2012

friday five

It's Friday, late afternoon and it is pouring.  It's been pouring all day.  This morning I rolled out of bed so freaking early,  I felt like an animal.  How do people get up at 7:00 am?

I am not a fan of sleeping in actually, I can't really do it.  I can never sleep past nine.  I hate wasting the day, even if it's dark and dreary out and warm and cozy in, and under the covers.

So anyway, I had to get up at the asscrack of dawn to go pick my girls up from my Mom's house so I could get them to school on time.  They spent the night because we were out at a freaking awesome concert last night til late.  We went to see Morrissey.  I love him.  I don't care that he's not into girls.  I just love his smooth, velvety voice.  

So we went to this concert and I was so happy because I was not surrounded by a bunch of young kids feeling all out of place.  However, I was surrounded by hipsters - tons and tons of them, all wearing their glasses and hats and beards.  Several pompadours were observed, especially in the front row.  Which I had a good view of.  Because I had great seats, that's why.  I did feel a little out of place surrounded by the hipsters, I have to admit.  It's hard to fit in and feel somewhat cool around them.  

The concert was good.  Rather loud though, I know I sound like my grandmother saying that.  I probably looked like my Nan too kind of holding my ears closed a snitch.  It really was LOUD!  I bet if I was younger I wouldn't have even noticed.  The drummer was awesome and there was a gong.  No, not a bong (darn it!) a gong.  We were five rows back and right smack in the center, so I could literally see the sweat on Morrissey's brow.   It was awesome.  He has a really sexy underbite.

Anyway, moving on... tomorrow will be another asscrack of dawn kinda morning for me, because I am flying out to San Francisco to meet my sister and friend.  We're going to hang for a few days like girls.  It'll be so nice, I can't wait.   Hopefully the weather is good.  That reminds me, I better go pack!  

So if you don't hear from me for a few days, don't you worry.  I'm all good (unless I die a fiery death in a tragic plane crash.  in that case, farewell.) and I will catch up when I get back sometime next week.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I get up at the asscrack of dawn every day now- between 4:30 and 5:30- so I can walk the dog one mile and enjoy some quiet time before heading out for school. It's a habit now so I never get to sleep in. Of course, this means I'm in bed by 8:30 every night. LOL Have a blast in CA and safe travels my humorous friend! And if you find a bong anywhere---CALL ME! :)

    ReplyDelete