Wednesday, August 3, 2011

More of the same

Last Tuesday, vacation day three, was more of the same.  Lots of super hot sun, lots of pool, lots of beach.



Ty DJ'd at the pool most of the day, playing all sorts of good summery tunes.  Maybe even dancing like he was in a club with my sisters a little.  No, they are not at all shy.



We hit the beach for a little bit, did a little boogie boarding, a little chit chatting, a little castle building and digging huge holes in the sand.



We played five games of poolside bingo and Brooke cried because she never wins at bingo!  Still needing to grasp the concept that it's a game of luck, obviously.  Megan also cried when she called BINGO! and thought she was a big winner, and then later realized she put a chip on the wrong square and had to give her winnings back.  Sheesh.  Who knew Bingo was such a brutal game?



After Bingo, some of the kids went down to this outdoor mall and spent $12 each on a stretch fork.  Yes, a fork.  For $12.  It looks like a normal fork, but then you can pull on it and it stretches to like two feet long.  John definitely appreciated the stretch forks because he always wants to invent stretch arms, but obviously, that is an impossible invention. 



You have to admit stretch arms would be a great invention.  Like, imagine you were sitting on the couch happily eating a sub, and in mid bite, it occurs to you that you forgot to bring over the salt.  Which obviously is imperative at every meal.    How annoying is it to have to actually get up and walk into the kitchen to get the salt?  With stretch arms, you could just reach over and grab it, never having to get your ass up off the couch.  Genius for lazy people everywhere. 

Ali and Ty were on for dinner and they made pulled pork in the crock pot, which was fantastic.  Ali also made a few of her specialty salads on the side.  She really is a great cook.

Later that night we celebrated my niece Abby's fifteenth birthday with some ice cream cakes and Tyrone pantsed Jenney.  It was perfect timing because she had cake in her hands.  In fact, that reminds me, I forgot to give Abby her present!  I am shocked she hasn't called me out on it yet.  Abby definitely keeps track. 

Love her.  Love her dimple.

After the pantsing incident

After birthday cake and pantsing festivities, the adults headed out to the upper deck and chit chatted and drank wine and mojitos.  I did not drink wine or mojitos.  Mojitos accidentally did me in one night last summer, and I threw up like an idiot.  (of course we have already established that I am a sucky drinker) I cannot even think about those dumb things without gagging a little.


Then everyone ambled off to bed a little tipsy, and I stayed up reading like the night owl I am.

3 comments:

  1. I always wanted an ice cream cake for my birthday when I was a teenager and I never got one. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got caught up with your vacay pix and tales- sounds and looks like everyone's having a BLAST!

    Just a few more hours south and you could visit us in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a stretch fork too! Got it at Renovation Hardware forever ago. Not sure why I thought I couldn't live without it and I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Time to pull out the extendable fork...

    ReplyDelete