Friday, August 12, 2011

Just look what he did

I was relaxingly reading my book in the pool one day during vacation, and all of a sudden Megan came hustling up to me from the beach with her hand over her mouth, crying.

Eventually, though the tears and crying we determined that Uncle John ran her over with the boogie board, flattening her into the sand.  She came up with a mouthful of dirt, shells and rocks, and missing a big chunk of her tooth.

A permanent tooth! 

When I looked into her mouth, not only did I clearly see the broken front tooth, but also, two other chipped ones.

Of course I immediately called the dentist to see what the heck I should do.  Based on my description and the level of pain she was describing they determined that it didn't seem like an emergency visit to a dentist was necessary.  I googled broken teeth just in case.

John had to work his charm on Megan to get her to forgive him.  She's quite a grudge holder like her mom, wonder where she gets that from?  The last time John hurt Megan (coincidentally on vacation), it took her several days to forgive him.  In her defense, he gave her a shark bite in the pool that bruised her little tan leg, like immediately.  He plays really rough.  I try to remind him that my girls don't play like that, but he still wrestles around with them like they're on a college rugby team.  He convinced all of the kids to be in his Dogpire club (a cross between a vampire and a dog), where he had to bite each of them before they could be in the club.  Kind of like an initiation.  Strangely, they were all lining up to get bitten by an original Dogpire.

Anyway, I brought Meg to the dentist when we got home and he fixed her up good.  I love my dentist, he repaired the broken tooth to perfection  You would never even know that it happened.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sounds like Uncle John needs to take a chill pill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Uncle John mellows out before he has kids of his own! Glad the teeth were repairable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little sweetie! So glad the teeth were repaired so quickly and perfectly!

    ReplyDelete