Thursday, August 4, 2011

10 things

So, I am back to lists.  Not forever, just for today.  Not because I can't think of anything better to write about, but because Beth posed this question, so I have to answer. 

Top Ten Things You Would Bring to a Deserted Island if You Were Going to be Stranded for an Extended Period of Time.  Whoa.  That's a mighty long list title.  But, to make it interesting, you can't bring any of the following things:  power sources, batteries, boats, airplanes or satellite phones. 

1.  I need lip balm.  Burt's Bees, to be particular.  I am addicted to it.  It would definitely have to be with me.

2.  Moisturizer.  I have really dry skin and on a deserted island with all of that sun, oh, my face would be needing a little moisture.  It has to be the one with the SPF.  I don't need any more wrinkles.

3.  Well, how will I make it an extended period of time without my ipod?  I need music.  I thought I might have a solution, but really I don't.  Without a power source, I'm screwed.  I think I should be allowed to sneak in my ipod and a way to charge it.  I will forfeit one other thing just so I can bring it.  So now this top ten is a top nine.  Don't judge.  Its my list.  I can change the rules up.  That just happened.

4.  A notebook.  Doesn't have to be all fancy.  I just need a big fat college ruled notebook so I can write things down.  Obviously, I love lists.  But I also love to write things down.  So having a notebook would be the best. 

5.  I need some writing instruments.  And in "instruments,"  I have to include pencils, pens and crayons.  I like crayons.

6.  Oh, I for sure need a way to make a fire!  So like, matches would be the best first choice. 

7.  Now that I am feeling all survivor-ish, its pretty clear that I need a tarp so when it rains like monsoon type rain, I wont get wet.  I am definitely going to include a hammock in with the tarp.  Good sleep is key to a good experience on a deserted island for an extended period of time. Because really, how could I be expected to sleep in the sand?  That would really hurt my back I think.

8.  A knife?  A gun?  Something like that.  I need to protect myself from scary wild pigs.  You know wild pigs live on deserted islands and they will definitely get you with their horn things or tusks or whatever.  And if one charged me I would shoot it and eat it like a savage.  But I would cook it first.

9.  Books.  Lots and lots of books.  I was going to start Harry Potter or vacation and I forgot the books!!  So I'd bring Harry.  And maybe a bunch of old Stephen King.  No wait.  Scratch Stephen King.  If I read him alone on a deserted island I would definitely be scared.  So other good books.  Oh yeah!  A lot of the old classics that I never read but used cliff notes for in high school.  Reading those are on my bucket list.

Fine, fine, I'll do a ten. 

10.  A flashlight!  Yeah, because I might be a little scared of the dark on a deserted island.

And everyone gets a bonus, so mine is water!  Or at least one of those water purifier things so you can drink any water and it wont make you sick.  I'd probably have to bring some crystal lite too.  Because eventually, plain old water might get a little boring, don't you think?  Especially if ice is not involved. 

Well, I think it's a pretty good list.

Wait!  I definitely need bug spray!  I cant stand mosquitoes and other annoying bugs.  Maybe this should have been a top 15...

4 comments:

  1. Nice list! My bonus item would be tampons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to have something on my lips. My favorite is Lip Smackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so we get a bonus ey? Hmm...well, I will go with toilet tissue. yeah...seems practical and you can always burn it. ;)

    We have a couple of similar thoughts and I have a solution for you too. Come on over if you wish.

    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-10-thursday-august-4thdeserted.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your list! Mine had a lot of the same things on it but yours was a much more interesting read! Thanks for joining in! And I really wanted an Ipod but since I made the rule I didn't think I better violate it. Hopefully I can listen to yours! :)

    ReplyDelete