Tuesday, June 1, 2010

F-

After a lot of careful thought and consideration, I gave my sister Ali the great responsibility of taking pictures of my niece Kasey, who was heading off to her last high school dance.  Ever. 

I am ashamed to report that she did a horrible job, and I would have given her an F if it were an assignment.  Scratch that, let's make it an F-.  I take family photography very seriously and I did NOT dole out this important task lightly.   Who would have imagined that my capable and smart sister, who incidentally is a college graduate (with a masters degree), could have botched such a task so badly.  The end result was that my 4-year-old could have gotten better shots. 

This is what she got for me:


Exhibit A: Noisy Backround "getting ready" picture

Exhibit B: Blurry indoor, poor lighting in front of fireplace shot


Exhibit C: Blurry Outside, uncentered and cutting off friend's body shot


Exhibit D: Shameful father/daughter pic


Exhibit E: Where do I even begin...


Thankfully, she redeemed herself by at least getting this shot:

  

5 comments:

  1. Your sister is about as good at photography as I am. Thankfully she did get you the one good shot. Your neice looks FABULOUS in that fuschia color! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that it's time to change your profile! Aren't you the proud mom of a 21 year old now? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Lisa -- Kara JUST mentioned that to me today! I will get on that today! :) I absolutely LOVED my nieces dress - is was gorgeous - even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, you didn't include all of the pictures just the blurry ones! And as I was in one of them you should know that it wasn't me behind the camera!! You should be thanking me because I had the BALLS to go and take the pictures!!!!!!!! I will NEVER be so kind again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackbutt - I only have so much space here on my blog. If you manned up and wrote your own blog, you could post all of the picture that YOU think were so great. Maybe I alluded to the fact that you took that heinous headless photo of yourself with kk and ty, but lets be real. In the scheme of things, that's the majority of what you got for me. And for the record, maybe some people were TOO TIRED to go to the picture taking event - thankfully, as we all know it turned into a wine-ladden lengthy and just plain weird session. And also for the record, we don't say balls on my blog, we say b*lls - as balls are just highly offensive and inappropriate and you should know better because you are a teacher of young children. Also my sister & bff whom I love -- your few comments are so NEGATIVE and rude. If I didn't know you any better, it might hurt my sensitive feelings. Luckily, I know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete