Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Shout Out - Nie Nie

Woo-hoo! I am doing something new, because usually I don't get around to posting on the weekends.  It's just hard to find the time when everyone is kicking around together, plus I like to turn off the computer (did I just say that?) and focus on the fam as much as possible.  So (after this explanatory long-winded post) this new feature will be short and to the point.


Quick explanation: I am doing a Saturday Shout-Out, can't remember which blog I happened to see this feature on, but I thought it was a cool idea.  Basically, I am just going to post a link to one of the blogs that I read often, and there are a lot of them.  Maybe I will even post a brief reason why I am drawn to the particular blog.


The number one blog on my list is....

http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

This is number one on my list for several reasons.  Stephanie Nielson's (nienie) blog is the first blog I ever followed.  I was mainly a blurker (Thanks Erin - good one!), and I read her because I was smack in the middle of a rough spot, and she seemed to have it all together, and with her four children she seemed to find joy in every area of her life.  At the time, I was feeling every little bump in the road, and feeling very imperfect.  It was after Brooke was born, and it was just hard to keep it all in perspective sometimes.  ANYWAY, reading Nienie always inspired me and made me stop, slow down and look for the joy that I knew was really there.  


A little while back, Stephanie and her husband were in a terrible plane crash.  They both suffered.  A lot.  And their friend, the pilot, died in the crash. After the accident, I became an official follower.  I felt like she was a [friend] almost, because I felt like I had gotten to know her by reading her words for so long, plus I also credited her for helping me get through that rough spot.  So anyway, Stephanie is still recovering, and still blogging, and still so very inspiring to me.  You should really check her out.

3 comments:

  1. I love Nie Nie. Her blog post today is something to behold. She is so strong.

    P.S. I still LOVE your blog! Sorry I don't have the opportunity to comment more often :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin -- please, NO WORRIES! :):) I totally understand. Hope all is well with your little peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blog too, she is such an inspiration to all...

    ReplyDelete