Thursday, June 3, 2010

OMG = oh my gross


So I try to avoid public bathrooms at all costs, because bathroom germs gross me out. 
Side note:  My littlest peanut used to be OBSESSED with Porto-Potties a few years ago - and wanted to go into them whenever she saw them.  Let's just say I let her scream it out.  A lot.  I would rather hold her up in the bushes if she had to go to the bathroom, and take the pee that would inevitably wind up on my feet over the Porto-Potty any day.  In other words, it would have to be a straight up emergency for me to even open one of those doors.

ANYWAY, back to public bathrooms.  So we were in Wal-Mart the other day, and Brooke had to go.  So we headed into the bathroom, my typical "Don't TOUCH anything!" was said, of course. 

"I know Mom!"  she answers, locking me out of the little stall.  Of course she knows, Miss Independent.

So I was standing there, waiting for her.   She came out and started washing her hands.  I of course joined her.  Then this normal looking lady comes out of another stall, glances at herself in the mirror, and walks out.

I was so grossed out.  Could people POSSIBLY wash their hands after they use public bathrooms??!!  I mean, I later saw her pushing her basket (the handle probably had her bathroom germs all over it), touching stuff, and putting it back on the shelves.  I was like, OMG. 

It's like the next person who touches that grocery cart, or the random merchandise she handled might as well just touch her bare butt!!

That is seriously the kind of thing that makes me want to wear those little doctor gloves everywhere.  Like Michael Jackson.  And Howie Mandell.
 
Maybe I am just weird, and I am sorry, but I just think that's gross!!

If only for my sanity, please can't we just all wash our hands after we use the bathroom?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with this rant. Who knows what we're touching when when pick up a basket at the supermarkt or while in K-Mart or Targets - which is why disease and cold spread. Forget the rubber gloves and take a small bottle of alcohol and a few papers towels with you everywhere, so you can wipe stuff down. Gross is right!

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. *shudder* I hate public washrooms and porta-potties are unbelievably disgusting!

    You should see the contortions I go through so I won't have to touch the door handle on my way out of a public washroom.

    I'm so glad our local grocery store has recently installed a dispenser of disinfectant wipes right near the buggy storage so we can quickly wipe down the handle before touching it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Disgusting.

    I have a facebook friend who said last week that she saw a woman come out of the stall and then brush her teeth and then leave the bathroom, never having washed her hands. Gross!!!

    ReplyDelete