Friday, April 23, 2010

first quarter review

Since we're soon to be wrapping up the first quarter of this new decade we are in, I thought I would revisit my New Years Resolutions,  to see how I am doing!  My brother-in-law John religiously writes his yearly goals and posts them in his bathroom.  He actually frames them.  True story.  I think he read a study that said if you read your goals every day you are x% more likely to achieve them.  If I had less of a headache, I would google it so x actually = something real.  But John definitely seems to achieve many of his goals, so it works for him.  He did once actually create and frame my sister's yearly goals FOR HER as a Christmas present (how thoughtful!), but she didn't really appreciate his humor.  I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have either.


But anyway... let's revisit.  What have I actually done that I wanted to do...

(1)  I HAVE blogged a lot more, and a lot more regularly! (yay me!)

(2) I HAVE NOT continued working on my book.  So far I am stuck where I was in January.  I panic.  I have to re-read the book and get cracking on it.

(3) I HAVE played more games with the kids! (Yay again!)  I went out and bought a few more games, and we've been in full on game mode for quite a bit now.  I feel so accomplished!

(4) I HAVE been cooking dinner more regularly.  Cooked-in-store rotisserie chicken, where have you been all my life??!  I love you!  I am actually proud of this one -- I really wanted to quit/reduce take out (I do not consider pre-cooked Rotisserie chicken to be take-out.  It's from the grocery store people!). I think we have been doing a great job reducing.  Haven't quit yet, exactly, but definitely reduced.

(5) Not sure about enjoying the small stuff more... that's a hard one for me.

(6) We HAVE been saving more money.  We HAVE started an actual plan. (Yee Haw!)

(7) I guess I HAVE NOT taken MORE time to read, but it seems pretty equal.  Currently I am bookless with nothing to read but blogs and the news.  I'll work on it.  I have to read the Harry Potter series.  I have been putting it off for years, and it is getting ridiculous. 

(8) I HAVE gotten a regular exercise plan in place.  I have actually been executing this (fairly unexciting) plan for a full week now.  I guess it is a start...

(9) I HAVE NOT reduced my TV time.  I may have done the exact opposite of this.  I love my TV time.  Maybe this isn't such a good resolution.

(10) I HAVE Swapped Meg's room and the guest room out.  It was a great idea -- so glad we did it!

(11) I HAVE NOT used the sewing machine.  But I DID prepare to use it.  I am actually staring at a sewing project as I type this.

(12)  Pretty sure I HAVE been ignoring the old biological clock.

(13) I HAVE NOT accomplished any house goals -- maybe we will tackle those particular jobs over the coming winter.  I really really want to!

(14) I HAVE been pursuing photography.  And I have been loving it.

(15) I HAVE NOT gone near the damn old computer to manage several years worth of photos.  I'm scared.  It's a really freaking huge job.

(16) I HAVE NOT been so great about sending cards on time.  January did NOT start out with a bang, since I managed to forget my husband's grandmother's 80th birthday, and his MOTHER's birthday, all in one fell swoop.  Now that is shameful.  But starting this month, April (no wait , let's start in May)-- I am ON IT, and will definitely try hard to do a better job with this.

(17) I AM NOT currently fit at forty.  Yet.  But I have a plan.  And I still have another 3/4 of a year to make it right.

(18) I HAVE been sort of using cash for groceries a lot more.  I haven't been planning my shopping yet though, and I still want to do that.  I want to be like that lady who goes in and buys $80 worth of groceries with $1 because she shops the flyers and uses coupons.  She is my hero.

(19) I definitely HAVE NOT down deep and dirty cleaned the whole house.  Sorry.  My bad.

(20) I HAVE been spending more quality time with my kids, which is great, and sort of my husband. He is kind of out of my control because of the old work schedule.  I try.  This weekend we got a sitter and went off together for a few hours, and it was so nice and relaxing. 

(21)  I HAVE been more green.  We have been recycling like crazy.  Next step is to lose the plastic bags.  That's my green goal. 

Well there you have it.  It looks like it is kind of equal at this point, with what I have and have not accomplished so far.  Which in reality really isn't that bad!  I still have some decent time to get moving on some of the things I have not been doing. 

Don't you worry.  I am all over it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment