Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the little voting poll thing

So I decided to post this little voting poll thing on the blog to see if I really have any readers.  It's funny.  In many respects, I don't really think that I write for who might be reading, but I am curious to see if anyone actually stops by and reads.  So I put it up for about a month, just to see what happens. 

I am not much into promoting this blog -- I'm not even sure how I would go about doing that, besides throwing the link out there on the occasional facebook post.  I can't help but wonder how certain blogs get so many followers!  It seems like the general theme is to have a general theme.  Maybe I need to focus on one single thing here, if I want to get a big pile of loyal readers.  If I look back though, I kind of do think I have a general theme -- and that theme is basically the average happenings of an average family on an average day.  In my perspective of course.

I mean, maybe I could get a bunch of readers if I just posted recipes, or photo tutorials, or book reviews or something.  But man -- no offense, I think that would be kind of boring.  Or a touch more boring maybe than the random musings of an average mom on an average day.  Maybe not so much boring, but LIMITING.  I guess I could have little off shoot blogs that are on one topic and one topic only.  I think plenty of people do that.  And really, it's nice to know there are sites to go to that you don't have to wade through all of the every day stuff to find that cool recipe on the cornbread you remember seeing.   Or I just stumbled across a site on hand making furniture for the beginner that looked SO GREAT, and easy and cool... it really only had a snippet or two about life mixed in with the furniture talk -- that was nice.

Well, so the point is, if you could kindly just click a yes, no or just passing through it would give me a little idea of who's out there.  If you feel like becoming a follower -- that would be awesome, because I think that's what everyone sort of strives for on the blog world, right?  And if you feel like commenting, please feel free to do that too!  Because I love a comment, even if we don't agree on something -- it's sort of validating.  And last but CERTAINLY LEAST (as my kids say), by all means feel free to forward my link on to any other average moms or dads or families who have lots of average days out there, we might very well have some average experiences in common!

And I think that would be cool.

7 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! I usually stalk, just because life is so busy and I have over 250 blogs in my reader (so I can't comment very often).

    The thing I love about blogs is being able to hear the person's "voice." If I can tell they are being authentic, I like them. And I read them. Usually a general theme does seem to work, but I certainly don't have a general theme! (At least I don't think I do.)

    I will put your link on my sidebar, because it is kind of outdated and I forget to update it, but I only have blogs on there that I truly like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin!! I love that you like reading my blog, and you don't "have to," like my mom or sisters. LOL. I really strive to just be real and be me, and hope that other people like me out there "get it."

    Your blog is truthfully one of the ones on the top of my daily reading list! I pretty much check you out every day, and love your style.

    Thanks for sharing my link on your sidebar!! That's awesome! Who knows, with your help, maybe one of these days I'll break 25 followers!

    Hope you're feeling well -- have a great day! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted yesterday when I checked your blog. I'll be honest, I check about 7 or 8 different blogs each day. I systematically click on my favorites list and go to each of them to see if they have a new entry each day.
    I love reading your blog because it does contain random musings on family and life in general. We have a bit of a situation with my oldest son at the moment and I love sitting down and seeing someone else's good and sometimes bad happenings each day. Definitely keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess! (Laurie D here) I love your blog and I like your voice. I enjoy reading about family life and I stop by sort of randomly, non-commital! Keep it up and I love the green color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, I just realized when I went back that it's BROWN and not green! LOL! I guess I like green so much, I thought that was what I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisa & Laurie!!
    Glad to see you both enjoy reading -- I will keep doing what I am doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy your blog and went back and read many of your older posts. I LOL'ed at a quite a few. You have a great sense of humor that comes across clear in your writing. I look forward to your blog!

    ReplyDelete