Tuesday, April 20, 2010

KK

My neice Kasey is going to be graduating from high school in a month or so.  I'm so looking forward to that ceremony.  It seems like just yesterday  she was a cute little raspy voiced, blue-eyed peanut, scared of everything.  Especially throwing up.

I actually remember Kasey's PRESCHOOL graduation!  Until her family moved away when she was in Kindergarten, I probably saw my niece on a daily basis.  That's when she loved Minnie Mouse, and Baby Bop and called me Aunt Tessee.

She grew up to be such a great kid, and now, as an almost 18 year old ADULT - seems absolutely fearless.  Four years ago, she was accepted at this prestigious boarding school in Connecticut, and enrolled as a day student.  She jumped in, as she always does, and made things happen for herself, by being herself. 


She is an amazing writer, when she was little, she wrote a minimum of a book a day - for a year straight.  Now she is the holder of an honorable writing award from Choate.  She just made the varsity lacrosse team at her school, and is a really tough Goalie.  She a blackbelt in Karate.  She's a world traveler, having spent a semester living with a host family in Spain. She's a humanitarian, a volunteer.  She has gone to Peru for the past few years to volunteer at an orphanage for deaf children, and will be going back again this year.  She would like to continue doing this as long as she can.
 

Kasey was accepted early admission to the Ivy League school, UPenn. She'll be a nursing major in the best nursing program in the country!  I couldn't be more proud of her.  I like watching her grow, learn, discover.  I like that the whole world is in front of her and it's all so exciting...

I just love her.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. what a great story jess about a really great girl...can't believe she's going to be 18 and graduating soon...she will be even more amazing in college and beyond...that I'm sure of. she's also a nice, sweet girl and makes all of us so proud. I sure love this "little" grandgirl .....

    ReplyDelete