Friday, April 30, 2010

theme-y dinners

I know I am a stay-at-home Mom and all, but the other night we were seriously hurting for dinner.  It was just me and the girls because Alex was working and little Alex had a late soccer game, so I really had nothing planned, and nothing all that exciting in the cupboards.  If it were just me, I'd have had a bowl of cereal and called it a night.


After a quick assessment of what we had kicking around, I decided to tell the girls we were going to do an "N" themed dinner night, just for fun.  We rounded up some nuggets, noodles and "nanners."  We had Neapolitan ice-cream for dessert, but had to get a little creative for drinks -- Megan came up with "New juice boxes," which worked fine enough.  Megan and Brooke made up menus while I was whipping up the feast, so that kept them busy and happy. 



They were so excited with the theme-y dinner night, you would have thought I was taking them to Chuck E. Cheese or something.  They chattered away about what other themes we could have in the future, deciding the next theme would be red.


I love when simple things make my kids happy.  I especially love when they remind me that we don't need to go nuts to have fun.

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of "silly suppers" when you and your sisters were little. Fun and memorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I spell memorable correctly?looks wrong.........

    ReplyDelete