Thursday, April 1, 2010

egg hunting at the park

Today was supposed to be the great Easter Egg Hunt at the park, and Brooke was highly disappointed when we heard on the news school was cancelled due to a water main break.  My other kids, however, were pretty much jumping for joy.  Thankfully we got a call from Brooke's teacher telling us that even though the school was closed, the hunt was still on! 

We hustled to get ready, brushing our teeth with the bottled water that I was lucky enough to have had in the trunk of my car.  I microwaved some of it so I could wash my face with warm water. (Yeah, I could survive with just the basics)

Brookie snagged her basket, and she and Meg threw on some boots and sweatshirts. At the park, the teacher handed out bunny ears and the kids sang a few cute Easter songs before the hunt. 

It was chilly, but too fun for the kids to notice.  Nothing like running around the park with bunny ears finding basket fulls of candy-filled eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment