Friday, December 18, 2015

friday five: climate changes, shopping, and chocolate wieners


Friday Five reminder:
 Basically, a Friday Five post should be a super easy post. Just set the timer and free write for five minutes, whatever is on your mind, without trying to censor or think too hard. Usually once you start it's easy, and you don't have to think about it at all. 

That's kind of my goal - just five minutes of free writing.  Nothing Fancy, nothing planned, nothing needing to be humorous, or inspiring or anything for others - just for you.  If you feel like sharing, feel free to pop a link in the comments.



Set your timer!


11:01 am
So I can't believe it is already Friday, and I really can't believe Christmas is next week. It's been so hard to feel Christmassy this year! Mostly because as a New Yorker, I'm used to cold weather and/or snow right about now.  We've been in the middle of a weird warmish winter... It actually feels way more like early fall - I have literally been going out in a sweater.  Nobody is complaining about me forcing them to wear a hat and mittens. In fact, the hats and mittens are still somewhat packed away. It feels kind of like Northern California weather. I wonder if this is the beginning of a new thing. I hope not... I kind of enjoy cold and snow. One huge plus is that my gas bill is like, significantly lower - like by half.  That's pretty huge. 

Anyway, it's going to start getting busy around here. My husband asked me if I wanted to go to the mall and I almost laughed in his face because I would not go to the mall the weekend before Christmas if you paid me. People are crazy. Hm. On the other hand, I do enjoy a people watching session, and what could be a better opportunity? Maybe I will go to the mall.  I don't need to buy anything else though, and chances are, I will buy stuff if I am there because, Christmas! 

On another note, I hate candy canes and I wonder if that is weird.  I never buy candy canes.  And while we are on the subject of candy, what's the deal with the peanut butter cup trees?  Apparently they look a little like penises (penii? what's the plural of penis anyway?) or something.  Well that's dumb.  Who really cares?  It's a peanut butter cup tree!  The perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate!  Like a God damned Christmas miracle! Who cares if it looks a little wiener-like.  I'm still getting one, and I will eat it with gusto no matter what it looks like.  And also, don't you think there are other, more important things to get all fired up about?

Time's up! 11:06 am

No comments:

Post a Comment