Monday, October 24, 2011

Things that I can't say out loud part 2

1.  The term making love.  OMG ew.  I even feel cheesy writing it.  I will never say that.  Especially never when I am in the moment.  Ever.  And please never, ever tell me that you want to ML with me or I most definitely will gag and almost throw up or laugh in your face.  Both of which would probably ruin the mood.

2.  The V word.  As in v*gina.  OK, I cannot even actually type that without cringing.  If I ever have to absolutely without a doubt say it (like in the presence of a real doctor or something), I will. But I wont like it.  And I will definitely mumble it like va-hmhm all low talker-likeIt's a very weird word to me.  The word just refuses to come out of my mouth with ease.  I grew up saying front hiney.  As opposed to back hiney (thanks mom). Top that!

3.  The word breasts.  Ugh, again with the female anatomy.  I blame my mother.  I couldn't even call a chicken breast a chicken breast until I was a real grown up without wanting to laugh.  I just picture Steve Martin saying breast in a funny breathy voice.
4.  The word moist. Uh, gross.  I feel kind of dirty now.  My stomach may have just done a little flip flop with that one.  I recently googled the synonym for moist because I really needed to use the word and ugh, I felt so skeevy saying it.  Guess what the ONLY synonym for moist is?  Dampish.  Dampish?  Really?  Well, that sucks.  I can't say, "This is some really dampish cake!"  That just sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

OK, so now that I am actually reviewing this mini list, I'm seeing a little trend and the words may seem to be related to sex and/or body parts.  I mean, I really don't have a problem with sex or body parts at all.  I feel like I have to say that I don't have a problem saying penis.  Well.  I mean it's not like I walk around saying penis left and right and finding interesting places to insert it into conversation or anything.  But I have no trouble saying it as needed.  I don't cringe inwardly about the word penis.  In fact, I just said it 3 times in one paragraph!  Penis.  That makes four.  I had to say it once more for good measure.  Sorry.  I got carried away by penis.  (five)  

OK, clearly it's about time to wrap up this post.  What words/terms are really hard for you to say?

2 comments:

  1. Making love makes me want to vomit. I do love Vagina, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mother. i am 100% your daughter..because I can't say anyyy of those words either. Including penith. Yep, I typed with a lisp so I didn't have to type the real word. thanks for passing on the 'crazy,'love you.

    ReplyDelete