Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Five minutes



Five minute spew:

Time starts and it's 9:11 pm, I can hear a soccer game on TV in the other room.  I know my son is asleep on the couch and that makes me smile.  Poor guy is exhausted.  It's all about soccer and tons of honors history homework and dances and being a teenager these days I guess.  I happened to be rustling through some stuff from when I was a teenager today.  Gave me some serious heartache actually.  I honestly don't know why I do that to myself.  All of that stuff makes me so emotional. I know I should get rid of it, but I can't.  I don't know how.  Brooke is getting a cold and I am going to see Kara in the city tomorrow.  Alex is out at a meeting and I haven't had dinner tonight.  Come to think of it, I haven't had a thing to eat all day.  I'm not hungry.  I think it's because I am upset.  I feel a little bit empty, a little bit lonely, a little bit sad.  It was a perfect fall day, blue skies and sunshiney with a bit of a cool wind.  My favorite, favorite kind of day.  When the sun hit my arms it was so warm, I just sat there and felt it.  Soaking it all up, closing my eyes and dreaming dreamy daydreams.

Time's up.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time to go visit that DYAC site again! I battle melancholy myself ... and some mild clinical depression. Add a chaotic life and it's wonder I can make myself open my eyes some days ... never mind get up and go to work! I have not managed to make myself blog until recently though. But now I'm missing my old buddies so I'm out knocking on doors and begging you to come out and play! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete