Thursday, August 30, 2012

stupid facebook people

My facebook is usually pretty tame.  I don't really keep up with people who are too into drama and stuff because I just don't have it in me to surround myself with that kind of negative shit on purpose.  I mean, I do have control over my facebook page.  Which ultimately means that I have control over what comes up in my feed, and what I choose to be around in the virtual world.  I firmly believe in the whole, if-you-don't-like-it-turn-the-channel kind of thing.  Which you can apply to facebook posts and stuff of course.



So I have this facebook "friend," who in all honesty isn't a friend.  We went to the same high school and would have graduated together, but we weren't friends really.  I guess I barely knew her.  Honestly, she may have been someone who came in a little later in the game, like 6th or 7th grade.  I have no real memory of her outside of high school.  Being from a small community though, you pretty much knew everyone in your graduating class by name.  I suppose at some point along the way, I accepted a friend request, because you know, I don't want to seem rude or anything.  Besides, what's the harm?

Man, I am thisclose to deleting this girl.  On an almost daily basis, she posts negative, ranty stuff - most often about politics, but also about her health issues and other woe-is-me random crap.  I get that it's her facebook and she can post what she wants.  I also get that she has every right to feel how she feels about politics and her health issues, etc.  But lately, I am just so offended by what I read!   I want to smack her through the computer and just say, do you hear how you sound?!  It still shocks me sometimes how ignorant some people still are. 

And really?  Facebook is the forum for this kind of thing?  Does she honestly believe her nasty, unpleasant updates are going to change someone's personal views on politics?  

It seems like she is such a miserable person, she feels almost fulfilled when her rant makes someone else uncomfortable or miserable.  Responding to one of her rants would definitely cause some drama.  She is always itching for a confrontation, seems to thrive on it actually, so I would not give her the satisfaction of responding to her stupid, racist, intolerable ramblings.  To add insult, 99% of her rants are filled with spelling and grammatical errors that make her look minimally educated as well as ignorant!

I decided that I am not deleting her til after the presidential election, which is one of the bigger things she's all fired up about.  Is it mean that I want to see her lose her shit if the election doesn't go down as she wants it to?  She may just spontaneously combust.  It's like watching a train wreck.

On the plus side, facebook does a great job of reminding you exactly why you never really got to know someone more than just saying what up as you passed each other in the halls of high school.


1 comment:

  1. i love fb's Hide this Person option. i've hidden all the people on my fb who are over-posters or just too depressed or angry. i also delete lots of people who mean nothing to me. silly how we feel like we have to accept friend requests just because they're sent to us. or i'll accept, look at their pictures and then delete. it allows for a bit of nosiness before deletion.

    ReplyDelete