Tuesday, January 12, 2010

oh my white chicken chili!


Last night I made this chili, and it was FANTASTIC. I practically licked my bowl, so I decided to share the recipe.
What's nice about this recipe is that you can mess with the spices to make it spicier, I actually went a little outside of the "white" factor and put some hot sauce in mine, because I like it hot. I also kind of liked that it was soupier than the red chili I usually make. This recipe makes a ton -- about 8-10 cups, so there will be plenty for leftovers.

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
3 cups diced chicken (I used pre-cooked rotisserie chicken - it was GREAT)
3 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans
3 14 oz cans of reduced salt chicken broth
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 4 oz can green chilis
1 small onion, chopped
2 TBL cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
(1 4 oz can jalepeno peppers) optional
*reduced fat sour cream
* shredded cheddar cheese

You can either cook this in a slow cooker on high for 2 hours, or on the stove for about an hour. Add all of the ingredients together in one pot. Tastes even better with a bit of shredded cheese and sour cream on top. Serve with a side salad and crusty roll and you're good to go!

*wish I could give someone credit for this recipe, but I emailed it to myself a year or so ago, and I do not remember where I got it from!

No comments:

Post a Comment