Saturday, January 30, 2010

lazy day...

3 degrees.
That's what the temperature was this morning when I woke up.

I actually put socks on in the middle of the night because my feet were freezing, and I burrowed up next to my husband, which always feels somewhat like snuggling an old cast iron radiator (no offense hon, but you are warm and oven-like). So, so, so hard to get up and out of bed when it feels all warm and snuggly under the covers, and just so very cold cold cold out in the air.
So I stayed in bed.
Til 11:30.
Well, it IS a Saturday!

The last time I did that was like a year ago when I was really sick. I hate wasting the day sleeping in, but it just felt so darned COZY!

So anyway, the radiator got out of bed to feed the munchkins (love him!), and I just stayed warm and toasty til there was a knock on the door. It was my dad, coming for a visit. Of course I felt like a lazy bum, so I hopped out of bed and came down for some chit-chatting.
After Dad left, I decided to try my hand at these homemade cupcakes that look SO amazingly scrumptious. So I baked and baked and the house smelled yummy and got warm, and now I have a houseful of homemade cuppies with homemade butter cream frosting, and well... I think I will just stay in today...



1 comment: