Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Food - Huevos Rancheros

I am trying to make better food choices.

I love food.  I like pretty much all types of food, and for that I am lucky.  When I feel like I have to curb my eating habits, or reign in a particular food group, or even focus more on another food group, it's not usually too much of a hardship.

My brother-in-law John (come to think of it my other BIL, T-bone, too) usually wants to pull out his gun app when I talk about food, because I can be long winded.  And apparently, who wants to discuss acorn flour for more than five minutes?  Wait, what?  Well sorry if I find acorn flour interesting, John.

Anyway, I have been working on healthy choices - buying good, often organic, clean stuff, preparing good stuff, and obviously, eating good stuff.  So I was thinking maybe I would share some of those choices, with pics and recipes and things, occasionally.  You know, change things up a little.

Do you think that sounds OK?  Maybe I will just share a little food picture of my recent favorite healthy breakfast, to entice you.  Surprisingly simple, not a ton of calories or fat, and pretty much hitting every food group.  The only thing missing is fruit, and I often have that as a side.


Any interest in the recipe?

6 comments:

  1. That looks SO good. I'm always up for good recipes, so you can send them my way anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! :) Long time no see! Hope all is well with you and your family. I will definitely post the recipe :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great, but I don't eat that much for breakfast!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JP, I have to tell you, it's a small portion! That plate looks massive, but it's actually a dessert/salad plate, LOL. I tend to half everything in recipes, because I don't eat a ton for breakfast either.

      Delete