Friday, December 13, 2013

the last word, v12

People Magazine has this feature thing on the last page of their magazine.  On the last page, they have a feature called the last word (so clever!) where a celebrity answers a few questions on some of the last things they've done.  So even though I'm not a celebrity or anything (wait. what?!), I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions.  Because, why not?

The last time I was moved to tears, like, besides every day tears?  Hm.  I'm thinking they meant like, in the emotional sense, like something tugged at my heart and made me have a little well... I'm drawing a blank!  Probably because I am a wimpy crybaby whenever I get in my own head, which is like always, but I've been too busy to have time to think lately!  The last time I can honestly remember being moved to tears by something that got me in the heart was unexpectedly reaching into a pocket and finding this satiny piece of ribbon... I know it sounds so dumb, but it was a surprising little jolt and it reminded me of something that made me sad.

The last home project I did, well, does like, Christmas decorating count??  Because that took a really long time this past weekend!  Or like, bedroom shifting was pretty huge recently.  That was a home project and a half!  Every kid moved bedrooms and it took forever - ugh.  That's like four bedrooms filled with crap that needed to be emptied, cleaned and reassigned!  Thankfully I have a teenager with muscles who can lift and carry and heavy things all over the place.  

The last time I laughed hard was listening to Alex try to speak Norwegian.  He sounded so silly trying to get the inflections right and he was making weird faces while he was doing it.  It just made me laugh really hard.

The last text I sent was: #stillherebutsweatingmyassoff, which was pretty much just goofiness.  We were basically hashtagging everything we were saying, just being silly, and he had asked me if I was still at the dumbass mall shopping.

The last game I played was Candy Crush.  Because I am a freak and I am addicted to that idiotic game.  Like only a freak would be.

The last time I danced was at my cousin Dan's wedding.  Which is where I pulled out some serious white girl Beyonce moves.  I never used to dance in public, but I kind of got over it.  Oh, I guess I also did a head bob, sort of slight movement while holding a glass of wine dance at a more recent concert I went to in Woodstock, but that might not actually count as "dancing."

The last time I took a bath was two nights ago.  I love to take baths, especially in the cold months.  And especially at night.  I like to have it really dim and quiet, with the water super hot so it's all steamy.  It's so nice and cozy.  My tub is extra long and extra deep, which I got specifically when we built the house, because I am a huge bath fan.  I can stay in the tub for hours... ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment