Tuesday, July 19, 2011

lazy crazy days

I never thought I would be taking such a break from blogging, but here I am.  Not blogging. 

It's been tough, with the kids home for the summer.  We've been on the go a lot, spending lots of time running around and at the pool, soaking up the sunshine.  So of course posting and reading my blogroll has been sporadic.

I fully expect to be back to normal in September, once the kids go back to school, but for now, I'm trying.  I want to get on here and I admit I miss writing and reading, but man, there aren't enough hours in the day! 

If I sit myself down in front of the computer when the kids are milling about, they look at me like I am ignoring them, which I guess in reality, I am.  So I can't do that guys.  Because, you know, they're my kids and I have to pay attention to them when they want me.  Or at least pretend to be paying attention.  No, just kidding.  Sort of.

Anyway, pretty soon we are off for the two week beach vacation that I look forward to every year, and I actually do plan on bringing my laptop.  Which is when I plan to catch up on all of your lives!  I am just going to read til my eyeballs get tired and droopy and can't take another moment.  And I'll be commenting, and all sorts of other things that come with blogging and reading blogs.

So this is not my resignation post.  This is my temporary leave of absence post.  If you take a leave of absence, do you think you are allowed to randomly show up here and there?  Because if I get some time to sit down and write, I'll do it.  I will!  I've been collecting lots of interesting things to share, so when I do officially get back here on a regular basis, I might actually have something of substance to say.

So please don't dump me from your blogroll guys!  Wait it out.  This is just temporary!  I promise!

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm on my third week of no new posts? I somehow gained a follower in that time, but lost 3, so it all evens out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entertaining posts are worth waiting for! Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. summer is hard isn't it??

    Have fun with your kiddos. . .that's whats most important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually thinking about you yesterday, realizing that I hadn't heard from you in a while. I'm glad you are having a nice summer. Things will get back into the groove once school starts, hopefully for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be here when you find your way back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering why you haven't been showing up on my blog roll. Just enjoy your kids while they're young and still at home. I just waved good bye to Birdie today--she's off to Texas for TWO years. Her younger sister is in tears and coming home to sleep tonight. Guess we'll have a cry fest. SO, go forth and enjoy those wonderful youngsters! We'll be here when you come back!

    ReplyDelete