Tuesday, September 1, 2009

the last day

Tomorrow is the last day of summer vacation for my kids. I would love to say I have something great planned, but sadly, I have to bring two kids to their respective annual physicals, and one of them is going to be getting two shots. Guess which one?
B R O O K E
This is not good news.
Poor little peanut is going to be very upset. I have this lovely little yellow lollipop in my purse, and I was thinking about bringing it out after the tears, but then I think to myself that I am setting her up by placating her with sweets.
I hate worrying about all of that crap. Really.
Why can't I just give my kid a pop when she is sad without feeling guilty that I am going to create a kid who needs a lolli to make her feel better??
Do all mothers feel guilty about these things?

What else makes me, as a mom, feel guilty lately?

--not giving each kid enough individual attention
--being distracted when I am talking to my kids
--not playing enough games with my kids
--not baking enough with my kids
--not doing more active stuff with my kids
--not cooking dinner every night
--not reading enough with my kids

...oh this list can go on and on.

I sure do love lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment