Saturday, April 4, 2009

First day

Happy first day!

I am feeling creative these days... too many years spent focusing on everyone but myself I guess. I grew up journaling, and for some reason just stopped after I got married. We recently had a flood in our basement, and I was devastated to think that my cardboard box of old "stuff" may have been ruined. I am 39 years old, but cannot bear the thought of losing a note from a boy I had a crush on in 10th grade.

Written on the back of a Juicy Fruit wrapper.

Since the big flood we've had to tear up the carpet, haul a ton of wet, soggy stuff to the dumpster, and spend hours rifling through loads of veritable junk - but thankfully - my box survived.

Needless to say, I have been stealing away for some uninterrupted time to the basement to sift through things I haven't looked at in absolutely years.

Why do we save all of these things??

I just found a moldy leather bracelet that Peter, my boyfriend for one week in 6th grade gave me. Hmmm... just reconnected with Peter on facebook. Maybe he'd like his bracelet back?

ANYWAY, to make my long-winded story a little shorter - seeing my neatly lined up journals and diaries after all of these years prompted me to get blogging. I guess it's the new thing to do. Or since I am little behind the times, the old new thing. I just haven't had time to do this, and now I do - so yay! I am blogging! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment