Tuesday, April 7, 2009

coffee


I just read an article that said liquid calories are a bigger diet-buster than food. Well. I can believe that.

As I sit here typing with my ridiculously light and sweet coffee, that piece of news just validates why I actually don't even allow myself to drink coffee during the week - because of how absolutely fattening I have to make it. Once I figured out how many Weight Watchers points were in my coffee the way I like to drink it, and it is 6. SIX.

SIX POINTS for one cup of coffee! That's the equivalent of an ENTIRE MEAL!
Six Weight Watchers points is equal to 2 peanut butter cups! Or a cup of spaghetti with sauce!

Once Wendy suggested that I just make it with fat free cream and equal. I tried and it tasted really cruddy. It occurred to me that I would never bother even making it though, much less drink it if I didn't like the taste. It's pointless. Wendy said I would get used to it that way if I just kept making it like that. I know that is probably true, I never even liked coffee once, I was positive that I would never be a coffee drinker even.

It all started with having to whet my whistle.

Being thirsty driving with a friend to work - a sip lead to a few sips, then to my friend actually making and bringing me my own cup because he was sick of me whetting my whistle with half of his cup of coffee. Back then, the coffee I was drinking was with that gross powdered creamer. I then moved on to Dunkin' Donuts, light and sweet. REAL cream. That lasted a while. But once I had a taste of Hazelnut.... mmmmmmmm.... now that's my downfall.

So these days, I have punished myself. I don't have the coffee maker out anymore, don't even buy the cream (except this week I had a coupon that was doubled and I got it for free because it was also on sale - it would have been a crime if I passed up that opportunity). Most weeks, I only have coffee on Saturday mornings. I head over to Ali and Ty's, have my allotted cup of coffee and sit around chit-chatting for a bit. Some weeks, I will have one on a Sunday too, it all depends on how quickly I can get myself going. I could never have a cup of coffee in the afternoon!

Today is just one of those dreary, rainy days that just needs a warm cup of coffee to get things going in the right direction. I stopped at Griffin's Market on the way home from dropping Brookie at Pre-K, and picked it up black. It smelled so nice in my car... got home, fixed it up just right, now I am enjoying it on a TUESDAY. huh. Makes it almost feel like the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment