Monday, October 28, 2013

revising a list

I'm an introspective person.  I think a lot.  I spend a lot of time with myself in my head.  That is probably unhealthy.  I'm working on it.  

One of the other things I've been working on is revising a life list.  I read this thing about people having bucket lists about material things, like owning a specific sports car or whatever, and even though that may be one of their ultimate goals in life, and you know, to each his own of course, I'd like to think that personally, the things that I want to accomplish before I die are deeper than that.

I have so many obstacles right now.  Most of them mental.  I have so many things that I need to get past so when I wrap up this journey I can close my eyes peacefully and feel like it wasn't a waste. 

Of course experiences make our lives more enriching and exciting, but I believe that the reason we crave these activities goes a bit deeper.  What drives these desires is the yearning to belong, to feel love, to feel connection.  When we do what we love, and make those connections, we become an expression of love and our happiness is infectious. 

Some newer things to accomplish...

1. Forgive people who broke your heart
2. Stop trying to control your outcome
3. Look in the mirror and love yourself unconditionally
4. Find your purpose and live it 
5. Trust that everything is in its right order
6. Travel to the place you keep thinking about
7. Try something that scares you
8. Be open to change
9. Let go of your past
10. Stop trying to change people
11. Stop looking for answers outside of yourself
12. Stop thinking you did something wrong
13. Just be your weird, crazy, beautiful self
14. Follow your heart
15. Risk everything for love
16. Reject rejection
17. See the world as a beautiful, safe, and loving place
18. See everyone as equals
19. Give up attachments to stuff
20. Recognize the journey is the reward
21. Stay hopeful and optimistic in difficult situations
22. Welcome all life lessons
23. See the opportunities in every challenge rather than give up
24. Live your values
25. Inspire others by your own bigness
26. Stop apologizing
27. Forgive yourself

2 comments:

  1. You're back! I like your list. And I can so relate to this post. I will say that, with age, comes clarity and freedom. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam :) Baby steps back in... I need an outlet. I'm glad you are still here. I missed you girl!

    ReplyDelete