Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Fustrated" and other annoying "words"


I try really hard to approach life with a "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" attitude. I truly feel that when we just let things go, it makes us generally happier people, and I do want to be a happy person. There was a time in my life when every little thing could throw me into a tizzy, but I like to consider myself reformed. These days, the things that can make me want to smack someone are now reduced to to the improper usage of the English language. Grammar and dumb pronunciations of words particularly drive me nuts -- it's kind of like a nails on a chalkboard-type experience for me.

The word FRUSTRATED does not = FUSTRATED. Like, where did the "r" go?? A very professional lady with many years of grad school under her belt just said "fustrated" to me yesterday, and I wanted to smack her curly-haired head. I actually clenched my teeth and gave myself a headache over it.

I also cannot stand when someone says "irregardless," as that is not actually a word. The word is REGARDLESS. Putting "ir" in front of it turns it into a double negative, and makes one sound a snitch less intelligent.

Finally, when a person says SUPPOSUBLY, as opposed to supposedly, or AKS instead of ask... oh my gosh, I don't think I can even go there.
I should really get over, because offenders are for the most part, innocent.

Now I have vented.
dontsweatthesmallstuff, dontsweatthesmallstuff, dontsweatthesmallstuff...
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment