Monday, January 18, 2016

7 things every girl wore in the late 80's


Tretorns: 
tennis sneakers for the rich and trendy.  Even if you didn't play tennis.





Ray Bans: 
so Tom Cruise, Risky Business.




The benneton rugby: 
This was a must have.  Along with the Coca-Cola rugby.  I think I saved up for a while for this - it was so expensive back in the day.  You can also see this on an actual real live 80's girl in one of the pics below.


Bomber jackets: 
were the bomb.  See what I did there?  I think this style somehow came about because of Tom Cruise in Top Gun.  I lost mine in college.  I probably was not drunk when that happened. Heh.


The scrunchie socks: 
See below

The oversized blazer: 
Honestly, this is one 80's style that's still kind of on my radar.  I love the oversized coat and jeans.  Keds, scrunchy socks, and Madonna-esque hair? Nah.  Then, yes.  Now?  Not so much.





The Guess overalls:  

Oh man, this picture.  Girl on Left is wearing Ray Bans, Guess jean overalls, keds and scrunchy socks, and Girl on Right with that Benneton Rugby shirt (that I had to have) and denim skirt... so much classic 80's right here. I had those Guess overalls in the shorts version.  They were killer.







No comments:

Post a Comment