Friday, March 25, 2011

phobias, butt copies and wonder drugs

Did you know that X is the third least common letter in the alphabet? 


That's what makes it kind of hard to come up with super interesting topics that focus on words that start with the letter X for Alphabe-Thursday. 


Initially, I thought I could go with xanax.  Because I've heard some really great things about that wonder drug.  But unfortunately, I do not take xanax the wonder drug, so I couldn't realistically discuss it with authority.  Now if you wanted to talk Prevacid, I'd be all over it.  But we aren't on P, obviously.


Then I was kind of thinking if I wanted to talk about xenophobia, that could be a riveting post.  Xenophobia, for all of you people out there who don't know about phobias, is the fear and/or hatred of foreigners.  Or anything foreign.  Who knew that could even be a phobia?  Now, I do have a tiny little hatred for foreign voices that call me to talk about credit cards and various other things like Karate.  Or as Cod is my witness, that foreign voice that I had to talk to when I called Best Buy about a problem that I had with my account -- and I had to repeat myself SEVERAL TIMES before she even remotely understood what I was saying.  And when she answered me, she needed to repeat herself SEVERAL TIMES before I even remotely understood what she was saying.  I did feel a snitch xenophobic after that call.  Yes, yes I did.  But I guess it's not to the point of consistently phobic.  So I scrapped that idea.


I could have gone with xerox.  Because even though it's a brand, I think it still pretty much shows up in the dictionary.  But then I was all like, what could I possibly discuss about xeroxes that would be the least bit interesting or funny.  Xeroxing your butt is a funny topic.  But how far can you really go with that?  I mean once you get to the part where you xeroxed your butt, it's pretty much over from there.  Unless your boss walked in right in mid-butt xeroxing moment.  Then there might be more of a story to tell.

There are really hardly any x words that your average person would even know the definitions of.  Not that any of us could be considered average of course.   Certainly we are all above average, right guys?  I mean, if you were an eye doctor, I bet you might know a few obscure X words.  Because in my extensive X research, I found a couple of x words that kind of mean something that has to do with dry eyes.

Oh my Cod, the X-citement of dry eyes is just about killing me.

OK, enough with the x.  I'm all about the Y.  Y is where it's at.  I'll be back next week to talk up a y word.

Jenny Matlock

9 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! What a clever post this is! I'll be back to check out your "Y", because I know it will be terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could ask Charlie Sheen to make up some new X words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You handled that phenomenally well! By the way I xeroxed my hands (palm side down) when I was a teen and framed the image to hang on my bedroom wall. Not as risque as a butt xerox for sure. But definitely a unique piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!!

    I have to agree with you...look out y here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha!! You are so clever! fun! fun! super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I liked this.

    Xanax is a good X word, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry taken so long to comment had cold all week and not been on PC much
    loved it

    ReplyDelete
  8. You cracked me up here! I loved this clever post.

    Xanax would be a perfect word, for sure...I've heard it helps a lot...but I'm afraid to give it a try!

    Thanks for linking.

    You always make me smile.

    A+ and my apologies for the late visit this week.

    ReplyDelete